The SteadyTrack mount follows the guidance of the IMU. Depending on the weight of the sensor and the center of gravity the mount may under correct (not follow the IMU fast enough for optimal accuracy) or over-correct (shoot past the value given by the IMU and then correct back to its proper point, possibly causing an oscillation within the mount movement). Therfore thse user may adjust the ‘speed’ of the mount to deliver the best possible accuracy.
The user may SteadyTrack Mount speed as follows:
- In snapshot, connect all devices using GPS button
- Wait one minute for all mount values to be loaded
- In snapshot, look at the top menu, go to 10-Equipment -> 18-SteadyTrack
- Select the Mount Speed Tab
- Client on the Axis you wish to adjust under the “Fast” column.
- The value being adjusted will be highlighted yellow.
- Use the bar to the right to make the mount ‘faster’ if the mount tends to under-correct and ‘slower’ if the mount tends to over-correct, especially in turbulence.
- We suggest added or subtracting a value of ‘2’ depending on the circumstance.
- Press the ‘Send these changes to mount’ button.
- At this time you can observe the mount while online.
- If you would like these settings to be permanent, then press the ‘Save These Changes’ button.